1. Districts removed from operation of general Regulations.-- 2Clause 1.- The districts described in the Schedule to this Act are hereby removed from the operation of the general Regulations of the Bengal Code and of the laws passed by the Governor- General of India in Council, except so far as is hereinafter provided; and no Central Act passed before the commencement of Part III of the Government of India Act, 1935 26 Geo 5 c- 2,] shall be deemed to extend to any part of the said districts, unless the same shall be specially named therein: Proviso.-- Provided that nothing herein contained shall remove any part of the said districts from the operation of Regulation 10 of 1804 of the Bengal Code; nor shall this Act affect any revenue- settlement, nor any law relating to the recovery of permanently- settled land- revenue due under the same, nor any law relating to the sale of lands for arrears of revenue, or relating to patni taluks or to the sale thereof for arrears of rent, nor any law relating to mutations or batwara or to any other matter to which the State Government shall at any time notify in the Official Gazette] that the general Laws and Regulations shall extend. Superintendence of districts.-- Clause 2.-- The said districts shall be placed under the superintendence and jurisdiction of an officer or officers to be appointed in that behalf by the State Government and such officer or officers shall be subject to the directions and control of the State Government.
2. Administration of justice and collection of revenue.-- The administration of civil and criminal justice and the collection of the revenue, not being permanently- settled land- revenue within the said district, and hereby vested in the officer or officers to be so appointed:Suits exceeding value of one thousand rupees.-- Provided that all civil suits in which the matter in dispute shall exceed the value of one thousand rupees shall be tried and determined according to the general laws and Regulations in the same manner as if this Act had not been passed: Collection of permanently- settled land- revenue.-- Provided also that all permanently- settled land- revenue shall be collected and paid at the same places and in the same manner as if this Act had not been passed.
3. Administration of civil and criminal justice.-- In the administration of civil and criminal justice the officer or officers appointed under this Act may hold his or their Courts either within the said district or at any place or places that may be appointed for that purpose by the State Government; and any person liable to be imprisoned in any civil or criminal jail may be imprisoned in any civil or criminal jail, as the case may be, which the State Government may order, whether the same be in or out of the said district.
4. Decisions final; confirmation of death- sentence; appeal;procedure on references to Sadar Court. Rep. by the Sonthal Parganas Justice Regulation, 1893 (5 of 1893).
5. Saving of laws relating to European British subjects. Rep.,ibid.
6. Commencement of Act. Rep. by the Repealing Act, 1870 (14 of